The Project Manager completes construction projects by planning, organizing and controlling projects; completing quality inspections;and supervising sub-contractors and staff.
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring and appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating and selecting sub-contractors and monitoring and controlling performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolving problems; and identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; and providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; and evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
- Maintains safe, secure and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Quality management
- Supervision and delegation
- Supply management
- Attention to detail
- Quality focused
- OHSA training